Thursday 9 April 2015

Reflection

3D Post-Apocalyptic World Reflection

Harlan Brownrigg-Ross
Apocalyptic World: 3D
Photoshop CC 2014

In this piece of work, I made and used a variety of brushes, not only ones that I downloaded, but ones I made as well. Making brushes was quite simple and over all I made about 20 of them. With some of the brushes I had to play around with perspective to get them looking the way I wanted and so they wouldn’t look out of place. I used gradient tools for gradual color changes in different areas of the piece. I also used multiple layers so that I could change every small thing I added.

I used my own outline to help me think of ideas to put in the piece. Throughout the building process I did change some things around just because I couldn’t get brushes to look right. I had some trouble finding images that were taken in the right perspective too. I couldn’t fix the perspective on every image I found. I had to change that way I wanted to show the underground area, because with the 3D some of my ideas didn’t look right to me. But other than stuff like that it went smoothly.

I guess my influence for some of the piece was some of the T&T art work we were shown in class. But other than that I used my head.
For composition, I didn’t want too much symmetry, so I went for a more asymmetrical look. When I look at the piece, my eyes go to the bottom left then up then across to the bottom right corner then up. You can see the things going on in the bunker, and looking into the background, you can see mountains, buildings, a crater, old cars, lots of small details.

I enjoyed making this piece of art. I found it quite interesting to do. I thought it was an interesting assignment. I guess a visual idea I had was to make it look like life was going on underground. I was hoping that the underground area would look better.


I think the bunker underground looks the best next to the mountains and clouds in the distance. Nothing much surprised me in the piece, other than the table with how it came out and went back looking like it was quite 3D. I guess if I had more time, I would try and add more detail in the world. I’d probably make the underground look better maybe adding more people like a small community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment